The Really Long List Of Reasons Why Harry Should Be a
- Ensigns have short life spans.
- He has bad luck with women (so he deserves to have good luck in his job!)
- He saved everyone's butts' from the Hirogen in the Killing Game.
- He's cute!!
- He deserves it after spending so much time sucking up to Janeway!
- He's smarter then Tom, so Tom shouldn't be able to order him around!
- In the alphabet "K" comes before "P" & "T" so he should automatically
outrank Paris, Tuvok, and Torres.
- He has survived a crush on Seven of Nine.
- He survived a crush on a hologram.
- If he was a Lieutenant, he could have seriously reprimanded Tuvok for
stealing his holo-girlfriend.
- He's died, umm... how many times? AND come back, knowing that he'd still
have to eat Neelix's cooking!! -Akire
- A tentacle up his nose! -Akire
- Taking part in the WORST JOKE in ST history (with the worst creation in
ST history) HK: I'm going to see Paris
Lib-thang: But I you said you were going to Marseilles
- Two words: Favourite Son (can we say CORNY!) -Akire
- Promotion to Junior Grade Lieutenant from an Ensign is usually three years,
and he's been working longer than that! -Babe E. Heart
- Harry Kim endured extreme psychological torture in the Akritirian prison
without breaking and killing Tom Paris. The position of Lieutenant should
be comparatively easy. -Nigel
- B'Elanna Torres received the rank of Lieutenant on merit, and she was a
Starfleet Academy dropout. Harry Kim has proven himself on numerous
occasions, and should be similarly ranked.
- Harry has actually made it home!! (okay, once was in an alternate timeline and the other was as the only surviver 15 years into the future, but hey! ITS HOME!!) -Akire
- I think Ensign Kim's promotion is LONG overdue. Let's face it, Kim has endured the most torture, probing, death of any Star Trek: Voyager character. The least Janeway can do is promote him.
-Garrett Wang himself! (In a chat at the ST Continuum)
- He almost beat Tuvok at Calto! That has to be worth something!
- Seven hundred years into the future those Kyrian people knew he should be a Lieutenant! Why can't Janeway realise it?
- He has musical talent.-Laura
- He's drop-dead-gorgeous. -Laura
- Unlike certain helmboys he's ON TIME for duty! -Laura
- He's nice to look at from behind... *G*
-Laura There's a reason if I ever heard one!!
- He deserves SOMETING for all the rations he's wasted replicating hair gel!!! -Laura
- He's got a cute behind -Laura Well, that goes without saying! :) <--- AAAHHH!
- BECAUSE WE LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!-Kim
- Well, this Harry is from an alternate Voyager (a.k.a alternate universe). And in a lot of cases the alternates have higher ranks!-Ang
- Now that Tom has been demoted there is an open Lieutenant position on board.......
- Tuvok got a promotion!! I think Janeway's playing favorites! Hrmph!
- He saved the ship in 'Timeless'-Laura
- Because We Know It To Be True.-Tirinar
- He's the hottest thing in the delta quadrent!!!(plus, his lips have got to be chapped from all this butt kissing he's been doing)-Qutie
- He brought eveyone back from that time he made them crash on that ice planet. -Vixen
- 'Lieutenant' Kim sounds better then 'Ensign' Kim.-Rita
- Because Harry would look even SEXIER with two pips!!-Jesse
- That ensign's pip starting to look real lonely.-Rita
- People usually get promoted for screwing up something, right? Well, now that Harry's got a smuge on his record, he's a shoe in for a promotion.-Rita
- 'Cuz you have...How many reasons on this list?-Rita
- Because a man isn't complete without two.......-Kathryn Michelle
- Because he looked SO sexy in the Captain's chair...that and maybe the rank will attract girls who WON'T give him cooties!-Akire
- Because he has saved most of the crew from certain death several times over-Laura
- He deserves it, after all if Tom could become a lieutennant after being cashiered out of Starfleet and put in Penal settlement, why can't Harry become one when he's made it all the way through the Academy?
- Because in my Star Trek Create a Ship game, I made him captain, and he got through all the missions without one complaint, plus, he would make a better captain than anyone else, so he should at least be a lieutenant!
- Do we really _need_ to give reasons...*G*-Kim
- Because he's a senior officer!! -Catherine
- he co-created a whole part of the ship almost all by himself!-Debb
- They're less strict with lieutenants than with Ensigns, so he could wear his hair the way it looks best on him!-Debb
- How can you look into those *GORGOUS* warm brown eyes of his and *NOT* promote him just for the heck of it!?-Rita
- What better way to utilize the spare materials B'Elanna keeps in the cargo bay then to replicate 'em into shiny new *full* lieutenant pips.-Rita
- He can't help it if he's dumb enough to fancy a borg/ human
-Laura *sigh* in my eyes thats grounds for a promotion! K/7! K/7!!
- He looks good in a command chair!!-Bexa C.
- Come on! NOG was promoted to Lieutenant!!!
- Why *shouldn't* he be a Lieutenant? -Sara
- If maquis people who never ever even went to the academy could be ensigns even though they were Cardassians (Seska) Harry, who went through the academy and command school (I think) should be a lieutenant!-Sandy
- It's Harry Kim! Need I Say More.-Thomas DeWert Jr.
- One of People Magizine's 50 Most People.-Peabody847 If only we could get People magazine to publish a 50 most beautiful soon-to-be-Lieutenants list....
- What else can I say? Five year of major butt kissing, saving the crew I don't know how many times, etc. etc, but you did leave one thing out - i don't know what that is exactely, but one thing was left out.-Mike Minks
- It'll make the "lieutenant" typos in the ST:V novels not mistakes any more. Hmm, but then, there'd be an awful lot of "ensign" typos then. Oh well. -Rita
- Because I said so! Oh, and he's more than capable-Sarah
- I say Leiutenant isn't good enough. They should bring Neelix's ship out of moth-balls and put COMMANDER Harry Kim
in charge.-Thomas DeWert Jr.
- OK. there are 62 reasions on this list. Is that not reasion enough? If not, Paramount will have a lot of dissapointed fan. Come on already. just give him another pip? Do pips cost very much? I don't think so. -Amanda
- If he is no longer a "red shirt" he won't be killed once every two months.-Thomas DeWert Jr.
- NOG got promoted to Lieutenant after two years from graduating from the Academy and all he did was fly the stinkin' ship!-Mike Minks
- 'Cuz Kirk was probably a commander by the time he was Harry's age, and we all know that Harry is better and cooler (and cuter) than Kirk!-Allison
- BECAUSE WE SAY SO!!!-Allison
- Simple Mathmatics: More Pips means fewer deaths.-Thomas DeWert Jr.
- The more pips, the merrier!-Allison
- Cmon people, think of the look Harry'll get on his face when he's promoted! Isn't that reason enough?-Allison
- Harry is a loyal starfleet officer. If Janeway can make two former terrorists her second-in-command and the chief engineer she can at least give Harry a promotion.-Thomas DeWert Jr.
- In a recent poll on Delta Blues, 584 people told voyager reviewer extraordinaire (and honorary FOLK!) Jim Wright, that the thing they'd like to see most in season 6 is a promotion for Harry! 584 people can't be wrong!
- Because I'm getting the distinct impression that we FOLKS (and GWAPES) are about to invade Paramount HQ and strangle a few people if they don't promote Harry SOON!!! -Allison LOL! Word on the street is that someone's gonna give them all swirlies!
- If they don't, I'm gonna have to sing... "We love you Harry, oh yes we do. No one deserves to be promoted, more than you. When you get killed, we're blue, but when you come back we shout Yahoo!" -Maggie and the official FOLKS theme song was born...
- He'll eventually get promoted anyway! Why not do it sooner rather than later? -Maggie
- He's making people call him captain, promote the boy already! -Atlantis Ivy
- Anyone who can suck up to Janeway; stay friends with B'Elanna, Tom, AND Seven; look up to Chakotay; tease Tuvok; and appreciate Neelix's "food" deserves to be a lieutenant junior grade. He deserves to be Captain, for doing all that! -Atlantis Ivy
- Lt. Nog and Lt. Torres? Promote the boy already! Sulu went up to captain like that! Give Harry his next pip. -Atlantis Ivy
- Harry looks good in gold. umm, gold uniform, gold pip, aw heck, give him another! Accessorize!-Rita
- He has been beaten up (or has beaten up) nearly every senior officer on board..that *has* to be worth something..Okay well Seven beat him up and he's clobbered Tom, but still, come on he's died (many,many times) for his ship!-Lucy
- Two words: "Killing Game"-Alice (aka. "Mrs. Kim")
- What is an ensign doing on the SENIOR staff anyway? -Alice (aka. "Mrs. Kim")
- Saavik was a Lieutenant straight out of the academy...Nog was a Lieutenant two years after finishing the academy...Kirk was probably never an ensign...even Chekov was promoted less than five years out of the academy...and now it's been SIX!!!! -Lady Firebird
- He could just replicate a pip, and tell everyone alien hormones made them think he was just an ensign. Hmmm.... -Atlantis Ivy
- Because he has Jennifer Gotti waiting or him and a promotion will make her really happy. -mauidean (Ivy's net pal.)
- He will never mutiny. Chakotay and Tuvok will betray the captain on the drop of a dime. (Sorry, just watched the re-run of In the Flesh) -Atlantis Ivy
- "Because he isn't as bad a boy as Paris. Just because Paris mated with the Captain when they were slugs or something." -KincaiDaan
- Because he went from a stick-up-the-butt, by-the-book, must-do-everything-right, butt-kissing, brown-nosing green ensign to a sexy, relaxed, integral part of the crew. Not to mention the fact that he gets to sit in on all the briefings..sheesh, he gets treated like a lieutenant, he should look like one too! -Ka'ri
- Two Words: LIEUTENANT BARKLEY!!! Need I say more??
- LIEUTENANT CHAPMAN???
Hello? And that guy was a huge drip...!
I say give Harry a promotion and a date with Seven so that he can recover from being outranked by that gibbering idiot!!!! -Lucy
- Seven and B'Elanna won't be able order him around anymore. Which means he might actually ask one of them out!!! T-Kers and K-7ers everywhere will rejoice!!! -Atlantis Ivy
- Remember Lt. Kim from "Living Witness?" :) -Atlantis Ivy
- They would have one MAJOR party. -Atlantis Ivy
- I can focus my attention on Dana Scully's desk fund, rather than this injustice against one of the hottest guys on network television. -Atlantis Ivy
- The chain of command would finally make some sense. Right now it's Captain, Cmdr., Lt. Cmdr., Ensign, Ensign, Lieutenant, Borg-girl. Anyone else see a problem with this pattern? -Atlantis Ivy
- He's given enough hints......... (Captain Kim?!) -Saz
- He wrote a concerto!!!!! (Echoes of the void) -Saz
- He is the only one whose hairstyle has IMPROVED!!! Everyone else has gone downhill!-Saz
- Maybe if he's a lieutenant, what he tries to use or activate will work for once and won't go offline as soon as KJ asks him to use it. Hey, it's worth a try... -Ab'Lanna
- There are 100 different reasons on this list. -max
- He beat that big Irish guy in an arm-wrestling tournament, what more could Janeway want in a Lieutenant??
- We WON'T take over the U.S.S. Relativity, go back in time to the day before Voyager left DS9, promote Harry, and ruin the temporal thread. :) -Atlantis Ivy How thoughtful of us...
- This is going by OFFICIAL chronology from TPTB: Riker graduated in 2357 In 2364 he is assigned to the USS Enterprise D AS A COMMANDER!!!!!! I get that as a gap of 7 years. So EITHER Riker was an exemplary officer (yeah right) Janeway is stoopid OR Kim will suddenly get lots of promotions in the 6th and 7th seasons.
- Because the AFL-CIO is going to move Union reps in on them with their unfair labor practices. And if you think a Borg cube is bad...... -Christina
- I heard Tom's gonna be promoted again, and that just aint fair! Harry's 10 times better than him!-Maggie
- In almost ALL (maybe all) of the episodes Harry Kim is either injured, dead, or missing. What in the DQ did Tuvok do to get promoted to Lieutenant Commander?? After all Harry's troubles he should already be an Admiral for all the things he's done. PROMOTE HARRY!! PROMOTE HARRY!! PROMOTE HARRY NOW!! (repeat chant over until he's promoted) -Admril Voy
- He helped Seven select a date in SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME,which shows that he is a truely kind and considerate officer and gentleman;after all he didn't have to assist Seven in the selection process after she told him he wasn't one of the two finalists.'Sides it be nice to see a nice guy finish first and maybe they'd
give Harry more interesting storylines and he'd finally
get the right girl for a change(maybe a clone or other
Seven lookalike..Hey!We all know he still has a major crush on HER!!!!:))
- Ezri was promoted from Ensign to Lieutenant in only her first couple of episodes on DS9. -Scott McClenny
- Chain of Command ought to go:Captain,Seven(aka Borg-girl),Commander,Lieutenant Commander,Naomi,Lieutenant,
EMH(ala TINKER,TENOR,DOCTOR,SPY),Ensign.:)-Scott McClenny
- Actually he ought to be promoted AND get the girl(in this case either Seven or Marla Gilmore:)) -Scott McClenny
- Volunteering to come back to Voyager when he had everything he ever wanted in that alternate timeline ought to count for something. -Scott McClenny
- Being held captive by an neurotic hologram in TIME BOMB. -Scott McClenny
- Sulu was a Lieutenant! -Scott McClenny
- Having to play the sidekick in Paris' corny 30s style sci-fi holonovel.:) -Scott McClenny
- Those side-kicks deserve some perks for all the pain they go through. Scully should get a desk, Sally should get a car, Jane should get some As, and Harry should get a new pip. And cause he's damn sexy damnit! (Damnit! It's my turn to say damnit!) -¿Gert?
- Promoting Ensign Kim to Lieutenant would help to promote a more positive image of Asian Americans in popular Western culture, hopefully helping the American government to avoid ignorant confrontations with Eastern powers... (Just look at how Ahura helped change negative stereotypes and cultural boundaries in the original series). -Casey McKinnon
- 'Cuz he looked sooo adorable puppy-ish pathetic and devestated when he said "How come I didn't get a box on my chair?" in Unimatrix Zero. He's a real LT for having to stick out watching Tom's promotion and all. -Rita
- He knows what to do and doesn't panic in a crisis, even though he hasn't seen anyone in hours or the first person he meets starts talking about the worst things that could happen and knows where to look for the rest of the crew. (Unimatrix Zero) That deserves a promotion right there to Lt. -KJ
- They won't have to make him sleepwalk and take everyone's pips in his sleep! -Maggie
- The writers of the show are even in on it! The poor boy had to hint at Janeway when Tom got re-promoted! ("I didnt find a little box at my station", or something to that effect) Give the poor boy a break! -Sara
- It will increase ratings by 1000%, or you know, at least 10% -Maggie
- Because he has six years experience. He should be a full leutienent. -anonymous
- Come on already!!!You'd think after what 5 years being on a starship lost in the Delta Quadrant,Harry after being maimed, killed, beaten up, shouted at,and had his heart-broken a million times, would be promoted. You would think it should've crossed someones mind.".......mmmmmmmm maybe we should give him a promotion??" Of course!!! Just give him a pip, just one extra teeny-weeny pip. It wouldn't kill voyager even if it did.Harry would save it!! Anywayz if no one listen to me or the 122 other smart people who have voiced out. Then you might as well kill him off! NO NO don't do that just kiddin'!!! -RAZ
- Because WE said so, that's why!!!!!!!! -Atlantis Ivy
- Lieutenant isn't good enough. He's died god-knows-how-many times, saved the ship, made it all the way through Starfleet,
I say he should be, wait for it, ADMIRAL HARRY KIM!!! -Meg47
- Everyone wants him to be promoted, why not just do it? -Elissa
- Okay... its been what, seven years? The show is about to enter its final season... AND THE BOY IS STILL AN ENSIGN!!!! Come ON! Give our poor little Harry a break, okay guys? Give him a promotion before handing the show into the oblivion of permanent syndication. -Sailorcelestial
- Because Harry actually knows the way home, he's just not telling anyone until they promote him.
- Someone had better do it soon before I take it upon myself to move him up in the ranks the HARD way. (ie. using a phaser rifle to off some high ranking officers....)
- If they don't do it soon, he'll get in the Guiness Book of World records as the person who's been an ensign for the longest. -Rita
- Because if the writers don't promote him soon we all might just go down there and drive them so crazy that they give up and we can finally take over the show and finish the series our way(which means Harry will be promoted from a ensign to a commander in just one show!!!HAHAHAHA!!!!I'm not the only one with these crazy ideas!!! -KJ
- Wesley Crusher... nuff said! -Em
- Come ON people!! Why *shouldn't* he be promoted!?! He is the sexiest thing in the DQ! And the AQ, BQ and GQ
for that matter!!! -Tigrana
- Because even Garrett Wang thinks it's time Harry became Lieutenant! I mean Garrett has even asked Kate Mulgrew to put in a good word for him!! And if Garrett even thinks it's time for Harry to move up the ranks then it has got to be time!!! Right? -Gemma
- Because Because Because! -Rebecca
- because he has earned it! unlike all the others :( -Kiya
- Dammit, he's reppin' (representing) the Asian society! If he doesn't get promoted, Asians all OVER the world will be accounted for his failure of being promoted! And sooner or later, every Asian man, woman, and child will never be promoted and all of us Asians will just be lowly ol' Ensigns! (no offense =/) -Kincaid
- The poor boy has to deal with the woman he loves having a baby with his best friend and not even being offered the job of Godfather!!!!!! -Sara
- Harry Kim. Need I say more? Yes I do. Its pratically the end of Voyager's final seanson and if they don't promote him soon it will be the end of the world. Or at least our world. -KJ
- Workforce part 2, plain and simple. The Doc may have the programming, but he has the ingenuity. -Chris
- I could mention that Seven is in the command system but has NO rank, Paris has been thrown in jail, demoted then promoted BACK while he was an ensign, or that he has DIED for the crew and the ship more than once. But how about just this; He is a good man, who works hard to improve the ship, himself, and their chances of getting home. He has shown himself not only capable, but excelling in comand and maintains calm and intelligence in intense situations. Promote Harry Kim. Its the only right thing to do. Our thoughts are with you. godspeed, Lieutenant Kim -ImortalLenny
- At this point, the only reason left is it would make a great cameo scene in Star Trek X. I mean, the series ended and he STILL wasn't promotoed!!! -RAV
- Do you think that now that they're back on Earth, Star Fleet command will recruit him into Star Fleet Intelligence, zip him right up to commander, and court martial Janeway for failing to promote the most deserving and least acknowledged Star Fleet officer in history??? -RAV
Have a great reason why Harry Kim should be promoted? Why
don't you share it with the rest of us?
Contact the HEAD FOLK
Return to FOLKS mainpage