The Really Long List of Reasons
Why Harry Should Be a Lieutenant
Do you want to add to the list?
- Ensigns have short life spans.
- He has bad luck with women (so he deserves to have good
luck in his job!)
- He saved everyone's butts' from the Hirogen in the Killing
- He's cute!!
- He deserves it after spending so much time sucking up to
- He's smarter then Tom, so Tom shouldn't be able to order
- In the alphabet "K" comes before "P" & "T" so he should
automatically outrank Paris, Tuvok, and Torres.
- He has survived a crush on Seven of Nine.
- He survived a crush on a hologram.
- If he was a Lieutenant, he could have seriously reprimanded
Tuvok for stealing his holo-girlfriend.
- He's died, umm... how many times? AND come back, knowing
that he'd still have to eat Neelix's cooking!! -Akire
- A tentacle up his nose! -Akire
- Taking part in the WORST JOKE in ST history (with the worst
creation in ST history) HK:I'm going to see Paris
Lib-thang: But I you said you were going to
Marseilles AAARRRGGGHHH! -Akire
- Two words: Favourite Son (can we say CORNY!) -Akire
- Promotion to Junior Grade Lieutenant from an Ensign is usually
three years, and he's been working longer than that! -Babe
- Harry Kim endured extreme psychological torture in the Akritirian
prison without breaking and killing Tom Paris. The position of Lieutenant
should be comparatively easy. -Nigel
- B'Elanna Torres received the rank of Lieutenant on merit,
and she was a Starfleet Academy dropout. Harry Kim has proven himself on numerous
occasions, and should be similarly ranked.
- Harry has actually made it home!! (okay, once was
in an alternate timeline and the other was as the only surviver 15 years into
the future, but hey! ITS HOME!!) -Akire
- I think Ensign Kim's promotion is LONG overdue. Let's face
it, Kim has endured the most torture, probing, death of any Star Trek: Voyager
character. The least Janeway can do is promote him.
-Garrett Wang himself! (In a chat at the ST Continuum)
- He almost beat Tuvok at Calto! That has to be worth something!
- Seven hundred years into the future those Kyrian people
knew he should be a Lieutenant! Why can't Janeway realise it?
- He has musical talent.-Laura
- He's drop-dead-gorgeous. -Laura
- Unlike certain helmboys he's ON TIME for duty! -Laura
- He's nice to look at from behind... *G* -Laura
There's a reason if I ever heard one!!
- He deserves SOMETING for all the rations he's wasted replicating
hair gel!!! -Laura
- He's got a cute behind -Laura
Well, that goes without saying! :) <--- AAAHHH!
- BECAUSE WE LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!-Kim
- Well, this Harry is from an alternate Voyager (a.k.a alternate
universe). And in a lot of cases the alternates have higher ranks!-Ang
- Now that Tom has been demoted there is an open Lieutenant
position on board.......
- Tuvok got a promotion!! I think Janeway's playing favorites!
- He saved the ship in 'Timeless'-Laura
- Because We Know It To Be True.-Tirinar
- He's the hottest thing in the delta quadrent!!!(plus, his
lips have got to be chapped from all this butt kissing he's been doing)-Qutie
- He brought eveyone back from that time he made them crash
on that ice planet. -Vixen
- 'Lieutenant' Kim sounds better then 'Ensign' Kim.-Rita
- Because Harry would look even SEXIER with two pips!!-Jesse
- That ensign's pip starting to look real lonely.-Rita
- People usually get promoted for screwing up something, right?
Well, now that Harry's got a smuge on his record, he's a shoe in for a promotion.-Rita
- 'Cuz you have...How many reasons on this list?-Rita
- Because a man isn't complete without two.......-Kathryn
- Because he looked SO sexy in the Captain's chair...that
and maybe the rank will attract girls who WON'T give him cooties!-Akire
- Because he has saved most of the crew from certain death
several times over-Laura
- He deserves it, after all if Tom could become a lieutennant
after being cashiered out of Starfleet and put in Penal settlement, why can't
Harry become one when he's made it all the way through the Academy? -Bexa
- Because in my Star Trek Create a Ship game, I made him captain,
and he got through all the missions without one complaint, plus, he would
make a better captain than anyone else, so he should at least be a lieutenant!
- Do we really _need_ to give reasons...*G*-Kim
- Because he's a senior officer!! -Catherine
- he co-created a whole part of the ship almost all by himself!-Debb
- They're less strict with lieutenants than with Ensigns,
so he could wear his hair the way it looks best on him!-Debb
- How can you look into those *GORGOUS* warm brown eyes of
his and *NOT* promote him just for the heck of it!?-Rita
- What better way to utilize the spare materials B'Elanna
keeps in the cargo bay then to replicate 'em into shiny new *full* lieutenant
- He can't help it if he's dumb enough to fancy a borg/ human
-Laura *sigh* in my eyes
thats grounds for a promotion! K/7! K/7!!
- He looks good in a command chair!!-Bexa
- Come on! NOG was promoted to Lieutenant!!!
- Why *shouldn't* he be a Lieutenant? -Sara
- If maquis people who never ever even went to the academy
could be ensigns even though they were Cardassians (Seska) Harry, who went
through the academy and command school (I think) should be a lieutenant!-Sandy
- It's Harry Kim! Need I Say More.-Thomas
- One of People Magizine's 50 Most People.-Peabody847
If only we could get People magazine to publish a 50 most beautiful soon-to-be-Lieutenants
- What else can I say? Five year of major butt kissing, saving
the crew I don't know how many times, etc. etc, but you did leave one thing
out - i don't know what that is exactely, but one thing was left out.-Mike
- It'll make the "lieutenant" typos in the ST:V novels not
mistakes any more. Hmm, but then, there'd be an awful lot of "ensign" typos
then. Oh well. -Rita
- Because I said so! Oh, and he's more than capable-Sarah
- I say Leiutenant isn't good enough. They should bring Neelix's
ship out of moth-balls and put COMMANDER Harry Kim in charge.-Thomas
- OK. there are 62 reasions on this list. Is that not reasion
enough? If not, Paramount will have a lot of dissapointed fan. Come on already.
just give him another pip? Do pips cost very much? I don't think so. -Amanda
- If he is no longer a "red shirt" he won't be killed once
every two months.-Thomas DeWert Jr.
- NOG got promoted to Lieutenant after two years from graduating
from the Academy and all he did was fly the stinkin' ship!-Mike
- 'Cuz Kirk was probably a commander by the time he was Harry's
age, and we all know that Harry is better and cooler (and cuter) than Kirk!-Allison
- BECAUSE WE SAY SO!!!-Allison
- Simple Mathmatics: More Pips means fewer deaths.-Thomas
- The more pips, the merrier!-Allison
- Cmon people, think of the look Harry'll get on his face
when he's promoted! Isn't that reason enough?-Allison
- Harry is a loyal starfleet officer. If Janeway can make
two former terrorists her second-in-command and the chief engineer she can
at least give Harry a promotion.-Thomas
- In a recent poll on Delta
Blues, 584 people told voyager reviewer extraordinaire (and honorary FOLK!)
Jim Wright, that the thing they'd like to see most in season 6 is a promotion
for Harry! 584 people can't be wrong!
- Because I'm getting the distinct impression that we FOLKS
(and GWAPES) are about to invade Paramount HQ and strangle a few people if
they don't promote Harry SOON!!! -Allison
LOL! Word on the street is that someone's gonna give them all swirlies!
- If they don't, I'm gonna have to sing... "We love you Harry,
oh yes we do. No one deserves to be promoted, more than you. When you get
killed, we're blue, but when you come back we shout Yahoo!" -Maggie
and the official FOLKS theme song was born...
- He'll eventually get promoted anyway! Why not do it sooner
rather than later? -Maggie
- He's making people call him captain, promote the boy already!
- Anyone who can suck up to Janeway; stay friends with B'Elanna,
Tom, AND Seven; look up to Chakotay; tease Tuvok; and appreciate Neelix's
"food" deserves to be a lieutenant junior grade. He deserves to be Captain,
for doing all that! -Atlantis Ivy
- Lt. Nog and Lt. Torres? Promote the boy already! Sulu went
up to captain like that! Give Harry his next pip. -Atlantis
- Harry looks good in gold. umm, gold uniform, gold pip, aw
heck, give him another! Accessorize!-Rita
- He has been beaten up (or has beaten up) nearly every senior
officer on board..that *has* to be worth something..Okay well Seven beat him
up and he's clobbered Tom, but still, come on he's died (many,many times)
for his ship!-Lucy
- Two words: "Killing Game"-Alice
(aka. "Mrs. Kim")
- What is an ensign doing on the SENIOR staff anyway? -Alice
(aka. "Mrs. Kim")
- Saavik was a Lieutenant straight out of the academy...Nog
was a Lieutenant two years after finishing the academy...Kirk was probably
never an ensign...even Chekov was promoted less than five years out of the
academy...and now it's been SIX!!!! -Lady
- He could just replicate a pip, and tell everyone alien hormones
made them think he was just an ensign. Hmmm.... -Atlantis
- Because he has Jennifer Gotti waiting or him and a promotion
will make her really happy. -mauidean
(Ivy's net pal.)
- He will never mutiny. Chakotay and Tuvok will betray the
captain on the drop of a dime. (Sorry, just watched the re-run of In the Flesh)
- "Because he isn't as bad a boy as Paris. Just because Paris
mated with the Captain when they were slugs or something." -KincaiDaan
- Because he went from a stick-up-the-butt, by-the-book, must-do-everything-right,
butt-kissing, brown-nosing green ensign to a sexy, relaxed, integral part
of the crew. Not to mention the fact that he gets to sit in on all the briefings..sheesh,
he gets treated like a lieutenant, he should look like one too! -Ka'ri
- Two Words: LIEUTENANT BARKLEY!!! Need I say more??
- LIEUTENANT CHAPMAN??? Hello? And that guy was a huge drip...!
I say give Harry a promotion and a date with Seven so that he can recover
from being outranked by that gibbering idiot!!!! -Lucy
- Seven and B'Elanna won't be able order him around anymore.
Which means he might actually ask one of them out!!! T-Kers and K-7ers everywhere
will rejoice!!! -Atlantis Ivy
- Remember Lt. Kim from "Living Witness?" :) -Atlantis
- They would have one MAJOR party. -Atlantis
- I can focus my attention on Dana Scully's desk fund, rather
than this injustice against one of the hottest guys on network television.
- The chain of command would finally make some sense. Right
now it's Captain, Cmdr., Lt. Cmdr., Ensign, Ensign, Lieutenant, Borg-girl.
Anyone else see a problem with this pattern? -Atlantis
- He's given enough hints......... (Captain Kim?!) -Saz
- He wrote a concerto!!!!! (Echoes of the void) -Saz
- He is the only one whose hairstyle has IMPROVED!!! Everyone
else has gone downhill!-Saz
- Maybe if he's a lieutenant, what he tries to use or activate
will work for once and won't go offline as soon as KJ asks him to use it.
Hey, it's worth a try... -Ab'Lanna
- There are 100 different reasons on this list. -max
- He beat that big Irish guy in an arm-wrestling tournament,
what more could Janeway want in a Lieutenant??
- We WON'T take over the U.S.S. Relativity, go back in time
to the day before Voyager left DS9, promote Harry, and ruin the temporal thread.
:) -Atlantis Ivy How thoughtful
- This is going by OFFICIAL chronology from TPTB: Riker graduated
in 2357 In 2364 he is assigned to the USS Enterprise D AS A COMMANDER!!!!!!
I get that as a gap of 7 years. So EITHER Riker was an exemplary officer (yeah
right) Janeway is stoopid OR Kim will suddenly get lots of promotions in the
6th and 7th seasons. -IH8TMOOFIES
- Because the AFL-CIO is going to move Union reps in on them
with their unfair labor practices. And if you think a Borg cube is bad......
- I heard Tom's gonna be promoted again, and that just aint
fair! Harry's 10 times better than him!-Maggie
- In almost ALL (maybe all) of the episodes Harry Kim is either
injured, dead, or missing. What in the DQ did Tuvok do to get promoted to
Lieutenant Commander?? After all Harry's troubles he should already be an
Admiral for all the things he's done. PROMOTE HARRY!! PROMOTE HARRY!! PROMOTE
HARRY NOW!! (repeat chant over until he's promoted) -Admril
- He helped Seven select a date in SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME,which
shows that he is a truely kind and considerate officer and gentleman;after
all he didn't have to assist Seven in the selection process after she told
him he wasn't one of the two finalists.'Sides it be nice to see a nice guy
finish first and maybe they'd give Harry more interesting storylines and he'd
finally get the right girl for a change(maybe a clone or other Seven lookalike..Hey!We
all know he still has a major crush on HER!!!!:)) -Scott
- Ezri was promoted from Ensign to Lieutenant in only her
first couple of episodes on DS9. -Scott McClenny
- Chain of Command ought to go:Captain,Seven(aka Borg-girl),Commander,Lieutenant
Commander,Naomi,Lieutenant, EMH(ala TINKER,TENOR,DOCTOR,SPY),Ensign.:)-Scott
- Actually he ought to be promoted AND get the girl(in this
case either Seven or Marla Gilmore:)) -Scott
- Volunteering to come back to Voyager when he had everything
he ever wanted in that alternate timeline ought to count for something. -Scott
- Being held captive by an neurotic hologram in TIME BOMB.
- Sulu was a Lieutenant! -Scott
- Having to play the sidekick in Paris' corny 30s style sci-fi
holonovel.:) -Scott McClenny
- Those side-kicks deserve some perks for all the pain they
go through. Scully should get a desk, Sally should get a car, Jane should
get some As, and Harry should get a new pip. And cause he's damn sexy damnit!
(Damnit! It's my turn to say damnit!) -¿Gert?
- Promoting Ensign Kim to Lieutenant would help to promote
a more positive image of Asian Americans in popular Western culture, hopefully
helping the American government to avoid ignorant confrontations with Eastern
powers... (Just look at how Ahura helped change negative stereotypes and cultural
boundaries in the original series). -Casey
- 'Cuz he looked sooo adorable puppy-ish pathetic and devestated
when he said "How come I didn't get a box on my chair?" in Unimatrix Zero.
He's a real LT for having to stick out watching Tom's promotion and all. -Rita
- He knows what to do and doesn't panic in a crisis, even
though he hasn't seen anyone in hours or the first person he meets starts
talking about the worst things that could happen and knows where to look for
the rest of the crew. (Unimatrix Zero) That deserves a promotion right there
to Lt. -KJ
- They won't have to make him sleepwalk and take everyone's
pips in his sleep! -Maggie
- The writers of the show are even in on it! The poor boy
had to hint at Janeway when Tom got re-promoted! ("I didnt find a little box
at my station", or something to that effect) Give the poor boy a break! -Sara
- It will increase ratings by 1000%, or you know, at least
- Because he has six years experience. He should be a full
- Come on already!!!You'd think after what 5 years being on
a starship lost in the Delta Quadrant,Harry after being maimed, killed, beaten
up, shouted at,and had his heart-broken a million times, would be promoted.
You would think it should've crossed someones mind.".......mmmmmmmm maybe
we should give him a promotion??" Of course!!! Just give him a pip, just one
extra teeny-weeny pip. It wouldn't kill voyager even if it did.Harry would
save it!! Anywayz if no one listen to me or the 122 other smart people who
have voiced out. Then you might as well kill him off! NO NO don't do that
just kiddin'!!! -RAZ
- Because WE said so, that's why!!!!!!!! -Atlantis
- Lieutenant isn't good enough. He's died god-knows-how-many
times, saved the ship, made it all the way through Starfleet, I say he should
be, wait for it, ADMIRAL HARRY KIM!!! -Meg47
- Everyone wants him to be promoted, why not just do it? -Elissa
- Okay... its been what, seven years? The show is about to
enter its final season... AND THE BOY IS STILL AN ENSIGN!!!! Come ON! Give
our poor little Harry a break, okay guys? Give him a promotion before handing
the show into the oblivion of permanent syndication. -Sailorcelestial
- Because Harry actually knows the way home, he's just not
telling anyone until they promote him.
- Someone had better do it soon before I take it upon myself
to move him up in the ranks the HARD way. (ie. using a phaser rifle to off
some high ranking officers....)
- If they don't do it soon, he'll get in the Guiness Book
of World records as the person who's been an ensign for the longest. -Rita
- Because if the writers don't promote him soon we all might
just go down there and drive them so crazy that they give up and we can finally
take over the show and finish the series our way(which means Harry will be
promoted from a ensign to a commander in just one show!!!HAHAHAHA!!!!I'm not
the only one with these crazy ideas!!! -KJ
- Wesley Crusher... nuff said! -Em
- Come ON people!! Why *shouldn't* he be promoted!?! He is
the sexiest thing in the DQ! And the AQ, BQ and GQ for that matter!!! -Tigrana
- Because even Garrett Wang thinks it's time Harry became
Lieutenant! I mean Garrett has even asked Kate Mulgrew to put in a good word
for him!! And if Garrett even thinks it's time for Harry to move up the ranks
then it has got to be time!!! Right? -Gemma
- Because Because Because! -Rebecca
- because he has earned it! unlike all the others :( -Kiya
- Dammit, he's reppin' (representing) the Asian society! If
he doesn't get promoted, Asians all OVER the world will be accounted for his
failure of being promoted! And sooner or later, every Asian man, woman, and
child will never be promoted and all of us Asians will just be lowly ol' Ensigns!
(no offense =/) -Kincaid
- The poor boy has to deal with the woman he loves having
a baby with his best friend and not even being offered the job of Godfather!!!!!!
- Harry Kim. Need I say more? Yes I do. Its pratically the
end of Voyager's final seanson and if they don't promote him soon it will
be the end of the world. Or at least our world. -KJ
- Workforce part 2, plain and simple. The Doc may have the
programming, but he has the ingenuity. -Chris
- I could mention that Seven is in the command system but
has NO rank, Paris has been thrown in jail, demoted then promoted BACK while
he was an ensign, or that he has DIED for the crew and the ship more than
once. But how about just this; He is a good man, who works hard to improve
the ship, himself, and their chances of getting home. He has shown himself
not only capable, but excelling in comand and maintains calm and intelligence
in intense situations. Promote Harry Kim. Its the only right thing to do.
Our thoughts are with you. godspeed, Lieutenant Kim -ImortalLenny
- At this point, the only reason left is it would make a great
cameo scene in Star Trek X. I mean, the series ended and he STILL wasn't promotoed!!!
- Do you think that now that they're back on Earth, Star Fleet
command will recruit him into Star Fleet Intelligence, zip him right up to
commander, and court martial Janeway for failing to promote the most deserving
and least acknowledged Star Fleet officer in history??? -RAV
- He was a captain for a short time in the final episode but in the end he was still an ensign. Does anyone else think that was cruel? PROMOTE HARRY!!!!!! -B'Elanna Scully
- The series is over so we lost that battle but don't give up hope we will still win the war. And Have faith that in the next movie he will be a Commander and play an important role. WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP AND WILL NEVER SURRENDER THIS IDEA UNTIL THOSE STUPID WRITERS BOW DOWN TO US. Thank you for listening to the words of truth and knowledge. -KJ
- Cause this is the Greatest Tragedy In StarTrek (StarFleet) History -KJ
- He is gorgeous, he has great command skills, he deserves it for all he has had to go through, such as death, capture and shuttle crashes, and mostly because he is georgeous (or a hottie, whatever terminology you want) (did I already say that?) -Kathryn
- Someone submitted a list entry in German (or Dutch?) and I sense it might be naughty so I don't want to post it. If anyone would be willing to translate so I can know for sure, please contact me. -Pepper, head FOLK
- Why not?????? -Alice
- He's a lot sexier than LIEUTENANT Paris for crying out loud! -Alice
- Can you say 'hottie'? -Total_Harry_Kim_Fan
- Face it he's the cutest one on board. -Total_Harry_Kim_Fan
- I think Chakotay's just jealous and telling the captin on purpose not 2 promote him. -Total_Harry_Kim_Fan
- Face it people who has THE best hair-do?? anybody here know the answer?? Harry Kim? I mean he has 2 blow about half of his replicator rations on just the gel. image how hard it must be to survive w/ Neelix's cooking and all. -Total_Harry_Kim_Fan
- just tell janeway 2 look into harry's eye for a min. and then tell him he can't have a promotion. IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!! -Total_Harry_Kim_Fan
- And then in Unimatrix Zero when he said he 'i didnt find a box on my chair' welll did janeway say anything?no. how rude. can u say playin favorite? -Total_Harry_Kim_Fan
- ok LT Data was an ANDROID not even a real human , not a very reliable office. A screw driver could do alot of damage(hey that gives me a idea...) -Total_Harry_Kim_Fan
- He has the crapiest quarters ever. all of the othe quarters we've seen (except Q's)had windows to outer space. and the captin's ready room is bigger than his quaters. he is treated the most junkiest on the whole crew and he's still a ensign. but hes to nice to say anything though. -Total_Harry_Kim_Fan
- can u say heart throb? -Total_Harry_Kim_Fan
- Hello!!!!!He built the astrometrics lab. But does he get promoted? Noooooo! Not even to junior grade. -Total_Harry_Kim_Fan
- OK. He has the best hair so obviously he spends time on it (i mean i know hes perfect but there are something that dont always cooperate). And he happens to be the only officer that is on-time. Helllo!!am i the only one that sees somthing wrong with that? -Total_Harry_Kim_Fan
Have a great
reason why Harry Kim should be promoted? Why don't you share it with the rest
Contact the HEAD FOLK
Return to FOLKS mainpage